Human Rights Explained
Human rights are an inextricable part of our lives. In fact, they are so much a part of every day living that we often take for granted the protection they offer us.
The following series of fact sheets are an essential information resource on the development of human rights law. They provide background to issues concerning human rights in Australia and in the international arena.
- Defining human rights
- Human rights origins
- Human rights philosophies
- The emergence of rights in law
- The international bill of rights
- How States commit to human rights treaties
- Australia and human rights treaties
- Promoting and protecting human rights in the UN system